Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dear Mal

There is nothing quite so boring as listening to someone rhapsodize about their beloved and how happy they are together. This is why no one on soap operas, including Soulmates Who are Destined to Be Together (of whom there are a surprisingly large number), never actually live happily ever after. We all yearn for that happy ending, but we don't want to hear about someone else's. Why is happiness such a dull read?

Too bad. Tomorrow is our 2 year 4 month anniversary, and I wish to rhapsodize. Almost 5 years ago, I met my Mal, and my life changed in ways I never dreamed were possible. Two and a quarter years ago, I married the best friend I've ever had in life. And every day I wake up next to him is a gift whose value cannot be described.

We have our differences. We get on each others' nerves. And in our short time together, we've had to face some very painful times. But we have faced them together. And I can't imagine--don't want to imagine--any life without my Mal.

Love,
Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment